3M™ Cubitron™ II Fibre Disc 987C
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) maintains super-sharp points that cut exceptionally fast with less pressure.
- PSG runs cooler and disc life is significantly longer, completing more parts per disc and requiring fewer disc changes.
- Stiff fibre backing and a strong resin bond provide durability and tear-resistance for heavyweight applications such as high-pressure weld grinding or bevelling.
- Grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for heat-sensitive alloys.
- A grinding aid incorporated on the disc minimizes grinding temperatures for heat-sensitive alloys like stainless steel, titanium, and nickel alloys.
- Buy disc pad face plates and fibre discs separately.
3M Cubitron II Fibre Disc 987C offers significant gains in productivity on medium to heavy-duty operations with our exceptionally high-performing 3M Precision Shaped Grain combined with a stiff fibre backing. This disc achieves a higher cut-rate, greater durability, and longer life than other fibre discs—all with less grinding pressure.
Use 3M Cubitron II Fibre Disc 987C to generate exceptionally high cut-rates with less pressure, allowing operators to finish tough tasks with minimal fatigue. Our heavy duty discs are ideal for weld removal, bevelling, grinding and blending. A grinding aid on the disc makes this an outstanding product for all types of metal. It helps keep the disc cooler on stainless steel and heat sensitive metals such as nickel alloys and titanium, reducing metal discolouration and oxidation as well as the chance of heat related stress cracks. This means the discs can outlast and out-cut rival products. They contain 3M Precision Shaped Grain which forms into triangular points that slice through metal rather than gouging or ploughing like traditional abrasives. These points continuously self-sharpen as they fracture, generating an extremely fast cut. The discs feature a tough, stiff backing made from vulcanized fibre that resists wear and can handle tough grinding applications. They’re ideal for removing mill scale, pits and imperfections.
- Ideal for weld removal, bevelling, grinding and blending among many other applications.
- Use to remove mill scale, pits and imperfections.