3M Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pad 7447
3M Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pad 7447 – Clean, blend, finish and deburr faster, easier, and with better results than conventional abrasives. 3M 7447 hand pads are the worldwide standard for surface conditioning. Flexible, aggressive, economical and highly conformable, the alternative to wire wool. Benefit from improved finishes. Easy to use on intricate shapes (Flat or round). 3M Scotch-Brite Handpads 7447 have a performance similar to steel wool grade 1.
- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other nonwoven products for cleaning or finishing tasks
- Very fine grade aluminum oxide abrasive cleans, finishes, grains, denibs, and defuzzes
- Suitable for use on wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites
- Reusable pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long, useful life
- Can be folded, stacked, or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular, or contoured surfaces
The performance of 3M Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pad 7447 is comparable to steel wool grade 1. However, unlike steel wool, Scotch-Brite pads won’t shred during use, rust after use, or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open-web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water or solvents, and rinsed clean for reuse. This multipurpose 6 x 9″ pad can be used by hand for precise control, with a hand pad block for uniform finishing, or on an in-line sander to cover large areas.
3M Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pad 7447 uses aluminum oxide abrasive. Aluminum oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives, such as garnet, quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminum oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use. Aluminum oxide is suitable on a wide variety of substrates in both woodworking and metalworking, including ferrous alloys.
3M Scotch-Brite™ Hand Pad 7447 is a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon or other synthetic fibers. Combining abrasives into the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibres.
- Use for cleaning, finishing, graining, denibbing and defuzzing
- Apply to wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites
To View The 3M Product Data Sheet, Click Here.
Click Here To View The Other Hand Pads In Our Range
Box of 60
Size – 155mm x 225mm