3M™ Cloth Belt 577F
- Alumina zirconia mineral with a grinding aid provides more cutting power than aluminum oxide across all metal types.
- Heavyweight cloth backing provides durability for high-production environments.
- Tough alumina zirconia abrasive mineral cuts fast and performs well on many substrates.
- Available in a range of sizes and grades.
- Choose this belt for light to moderate-pressure stock removal, blending, and scratch refinement.
- Available in a range of sizes and grades for a variety of applications.
3M Cloth Belt 577F features alumina zirconia abrasive grain for increased cutting efficiency over aluminium oxide belts, and is backed with a heavy, water-resistant polyester backing that stands up to high-pressure applications and edge work. The durable backing ensures long life and supports both wet and dry operations.
Recommended for use on aluminium, mild steel and stainless steel, fast cutting 3M Cloth Belt 577F with alumina zirconia abrasive grain can be used for deburring, blending, finishing castings and forgings. Alumina zirconia fractures frequently to continually produce sharp points which deliver a faster cut-rate than aluminium oxide. It’s a synthetic material that has been developed for heavy stock removal and high pressure grinding. A grinding aid on the belt reduces running temperatures, to protect heat sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, nickel and cobalt alloys. The cloth belts feature a heavy, water-resistant polyester backing to ensure a long life and support both wet and dry operations. This backing stands up to high-pressure applications and edge work. The abrasive is firmly bonded to the backing with resin, to maintain durability under high heat and pressure.
They come in a wide selection of widths and lengths, for use on various belt sanding tools in many metalworking applications. Wider belts are designed for use with wide belt sanders for flat finishing, to smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets or to add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets. Medium width belts are typically used on a backstand for weld removal or on a feed through style flat finisher, to finish sheets or coils. Narrow belts can be used on backstands for grinding and finishing, or on file tools to access right angle corners for finishing.
- Use for wet or dry applications.
- Suitable for high production environments.
- Smooth rough cut edges of metal sheets or add a grain pattern to stainless steel sheets.