3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Acrylic Adhesive DP8405NS
3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Acrylic Adhesive DP8405NS is a non-sag, toughened, two-part acrylic adhesive. This toughened product provides improved adhesion to many plastics and metals, including those with slightly oily surfaces. It is a durable product that features a fast rate of strength build to provide structural strength in just minutes.
Non-Sag with Excellent Shear, Peel and Impact Strength 3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Acrylic Adhesive DP8405NS is a non-sag acrylic adhesive with a 10:1 mix ratio. It features a 10 minute work life to allow time to position substrates prior to adhesion. This working life, open time and cure length can be accelerated with heat. Once fully cured, this adhesive will reach 1,000 psi (7 MPa) of overlap shear strength in approximately 20 minutes, increasing throughput and productivity while featuring a high peel and impact performance.
Recommended Applications Metalworking such as HVAC, appliance, sporting goods, and specialty vehicles Sign manufacturing such as panel to frame bonding, trim attachment, letter bonding, and frame assembly Bonding plastics, composites and powder coats to metal Typically used where fast assembly of smaller parts is required 5 Minute Work Life with 20 Minutes to Structural Strength With non-sag properties you’re assured the adhesive is applied exactly where you want it and won’t migrate during the application or bonding processes.
3M™ Scotch-Weld ™ Acrylic Adhesive DP8405NS bonds well to many materials, including most plastics, metals and oily surfaces. The bond created with this adhesive is durable and features excellent shear strength and impact resistance. And the 18-month room temperature shelf life of the product simplifies inventory management. Easy Adhesion with Acrylic Acrylic adhesives are two-part methyl methacrylate adhesives (MMA) that provide excellent bond strength and durability. Often referred to as epoxy adhesives or epoxy glue, acrylics actually belong to a separate chemical family with their own unique characteristics. Acrylic glues have several features that make them easier to use, including a much faster cure speed, higher tolerance for oily or unprepared bonding surfaces and the ability to bond.
- 5 minute work life with 20 minutes to structural strength
- Durable bond with excellent shear, peel and high impact strength
- Bonds to a variety of surfaces, including most metals and plastics
- High strength with minimal surface prep
- Features spacer beads to control bond line thickness to prevent excessive squeeze out
- Metalworking such as HVAC, appliance, and specialty vehicles
- Sign manufacturing such as panel to frame bonding, trim attachment, letter bonding, and frame assembly
- Bonding plastics, composites and powder coats to metal
- Typically used where fast assembly of smaller parts is required