3M™ Cubitron™ II Cloth Belt 784F
- Up to two times longer life than comparable aluminium oxide belts, resists deterioration from heat.
- Consistent, faster results on medium pressure applications.
- Conformable for grinding and blending both straight and contoured surfaces.
- Grinding aid cools abrasive processes on heat-sensitive alloys.
- Suitable for wet and dry applications on all metals.
- For optimal durability and price value, YF weight polyester backing is used for Grades 36-80, while lighter XF weight polyester backing is used for Grades 120-180.
- Durable resin bond resists deterioration from heat, extending the life of the abrasive cloth.
3M Cubitron ll Cloth Belt 784F features 3M Precision Shaped Grain. Our cloth belts are a precise mix of shaped ceramic and premium aluminium oxide. They have a flexible J-weight cotton backing and open coat construction. The belts also feature a waterproof backing and grinding aid.
Use 3M Cubitron ll Cloth Belt 784F for a durable, faster, and more consistent cut than aluminium oxide belts. A precise mix of shaped ceramic and premium aluminium oxide delivers optimal cut in medium pressure grinding and blending applications. Our cloth belts cut exceptionally fast and self-renew during grinding. These high performing belts deliver cost effective performance on medium pressure applications, where a full ceramic belt may be underutilised.
With their water resistant polyester backing, these belts can be run wet or dry. To protect heat sensitive alloys such as stainless steel, titanium, nickel alloys and cobalt alloys from heat related stress cracks and discolouration, a grinding aid has been added to reduce grinding temperatures. Additionally, the abrasive is firmly bonded to the backing with resin to maintain durability under high heat and pressure. Coarse grades 36-80 have a YF weight backing, while finer grades of 120-180 have a lighter XF weight backing. Both weights are moderately flexible and conform well to slight contours and flat surfaces. The science of 3M Precision Shaped Grain Blend 3M Precision Shaped Grain signifies a major advancement in abrasive technology. PSG is a ceramic mineral designed using a proprietary process to enhance toughness and hardness of the grain. 3M scientists then went one step further and engineered the mineral to form uniform triangular shaped grains that continually fracture into super-sharp points and edges that slice through the substrate, rather than gouging or ‘ploughing’ like conventional abrasives.
PSG creates a super-fast cut and lessens heat build-up on the workpiece, reducing heat related stress cracks and discolouration. Moreover, because PSG stays cooler and sharper, it lasts longer than conventional abrasives. For increased performance, 784F belts feature premium aluminium oxide blended with PSG for a sharper, longer lasting abrasive. This delivers a more consistent performance.
- Use for medium pressure industrial applications.