3M™ Green Corps™ Cut-Off Wheel
- Rigid, reinforced resin-bonded wheel provides excellent durability.
- Versatile wheel is suitable for cutting a wide variety of materials.
- Tough aluminium oxide grains cut fast to enhance productivity.
- Easy attachment to the appropriate cut-off tool with hub and retainer nut providing a simple and quick replacement of worn discs.
- Wheel must have a maximum operating speed greater than or equal to the maximum speed of the power tool used.
- Must be used with ANSI-approved flanges for type 1 cut-off wheels and a wheel guard that fits the size of the cut-off wheel.
- For use on utility type cut-off tools.
The 3M General Purpose Cut-off Wheel is a durable, fast-cutting wheel useful for cutting autobody sheet metal, frame rails, exhaust pipes, clamps, and rusted bolts. Aluminium oxide grains are bonded together into a rigid wheel that cuts fast and can be used again and again. Designed for use on utility type cut-off tools. Do not use tools without guards.
The 3M General Purpose Cut-off Wheel is constructed of aluminium oxide mineral abrasive, a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its fast cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives such as garnet quickly wear down with use. Due to its fast cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminium oxide mineral is widely used in all types of abrasives. Aluminium oxide is suitable for a wide variety of materials, including ferrous alloys. Abrasive cut-off wheels are typically used for cutting through metal, for example auto body or marine sheet metal, stainless steel tubing, exhaust pipes, clamps, propeller shafts, and rusted bolts. Cut-off wheels are attached to a cut-off tool (sold separately) and must always be used with a wheel guard for safety.