3M™ Fibre Disc 782C
3M™ Fibre Disc 782C is a fibre disc engineered for an ultra-rapid cut on carbon steel. These discs feature our advanced abrasive technology, 3M Precision Shaped Grain which allows operators finish tough tasks faster and with less fatigue. 782C has a stiff fibre backing and strong resin bond providing durability and tear resistance.
- Cuts carbon steel rapidly
- Premium mineral excels at heavy weight applications
- Disc construction includes a stiff fibre backing and strong resin bond that provide durability and tear-resistance.
- The abrasive grain combined with the disc construction enables operators to complete more parts per disc and require fewer disc changes.
- The ultra-sharp peaks slice cleanly through metal and continuously self-sharpen as the points break off.
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain yields higher cut rates.
- Precision Shaped Grain (PSG) optimises the balance of speed and longevity for many carbon steel operations.
- Reduce costs with long lasting abrasive
- Completes more parts than conventional discs
- Durable and tear resistant
- The grain wears evenly and stays sharp ensuring the Precision Shaped Grain abrasives last significantly longer.
- Available in 4 different grit sizes: 36G, 60G, 80G & 120G
- Available in 2 different sizes: 115 mm and 125 mm
- Excellent choice for tough applications including:
- Weld removal
- Blending and finish refinement
- Carbon steel applications
- Compatible with 3M™ disc pad face plates and hubs (sold separately).
Tips for optimal use
Fibre discs are heavy-duty abrasives that feature a tough, stiff backing made from vulcanised fibre that resist wear and can handle tough grinding applications. The disc should be used with a back up pad of the appropriate density for the application. A lighter density back up pad for lighter weight grinding applications, and a harder density back up pad for more heavy weight grinding applications. Using the correct back up pad for the application ensures that the abrasive mineral will re-sharpen, maximising the life of the abrasive.