3M™ Fibre Disc 787C
3M™ Fibre Disc 787C is a fibre disc featuring our advanced abrasive technology, 3M Precision Shaped Grain (PSG). These discs have a stiff fibre backing and strong resin bond that provide durability and tear resistance. They’re constructed with a grinding aid and are engineered for ultra-rapid cut.
Use 3M™ Fibre Disc 787C for a step up in performance over conventional fibre discs. 787C contains the exact amount of precision shaped grain (PSG) you need to optimise the balance of speed and longevity for challenging applications from grinding to deburring.
- Designed to enable operators to take production to the next level by completing more work in less time.
- A grinding aid is incorporated to keep the disc and workpiece cool and further prolonging disc life.
- Disc construction includes a stiff fibre backing and strong resin bond that provide durability and tear-resistance.
- The abrasive grain combined with the disc construction enables operators to complete more parts per disc and require fewer disc changes.
- Cuts hard and fast to grind metals like stainless steel and high nickel alloys
- 3M Precision Shaped Grain yields higher cut rates
- Reduce costs with long lasting abrasive
- Completes more parts than conventional discs
- Durable and tear resistant
- Has exceptional life and cut
- Best grinding discs for high production environments, providing significant gains over conventional fibre discs.
- Available in 4 different grit sizes: 36G, 60G, 80G & 120G
- Available in 2 different sizes: 115 mm and 125 mm
- Excellent choice for weld removal, blending, and finish refinement on stainless steel and high nickel alloys.
- Compatible with 3M™ disc pad face plates and hubs (sold separately).
Tips for optimal use
Fibre discs are heavy-duty abrasives that feature a tough, stiff backing made from vulcanised fibre that resist wear and can handle tough grinding applications. The disc should be used with a back up pad of the appropriate density for the application. A lighter density back up pad for lighter weight grinding applications, and a harder density back up pad for more heavy weight grinding applications. Using the correct back up pad for the application ensures that the abrasive mineral will re-sharpen, maximising the life of the abrasive.