3M™ Polyester Tape 8992
3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape that excels in high temperature masking operations such as powder coat painting. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape bonds to a variety of difficult surfaces. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
Mask in High Temperatures 3M™ Polyester Tape 8992 is a general purpose polyester tape ideal for masking in high temperature applications. The translucent green backing is tear resistant. Coated with a silicone adhesive, this tape functions well in masking for powder coating to provide sharp paint lines. It removes cleanly and in one-piece from most surfaces, avoiding slivering and breaking. This tape is a thicker version of our 3M™ Polyester Tape 8991. With excellent chemical resistance, this tape works effectively in chemical processes and demanding work conditions, such as anodizing. The pressure sensitive silicone adhesive performs under a broad range of temperatures ranging from -60°F (-50°C) to 400°F (204°C).
- Excellent thermal, abrasion and chemical resistance while maintaining flexibility
- Silicone adhesive offers high heat resistance compared to many rubber and acrylic adhesives, reducing failure due to softening or oozing
- Adheres well to tough-to-stick surfaces like silicone liners and fixtures coated with mold release
- Transparent green colour makes tape placement obvious for both placement and removal
- High dimensional and tensile strength for tearing through cured paint without slivering or breaking
- Masking parts for high temperature powder coat painting
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape