3M Extreme Sealing Tape 4412N
3M Extreme Sealing Tape 4412N is a neutral, 2.0 mm thick, highly conformable, single-side acrylic tape with a high performance ionomer backing. This tape was specifically designed to give you professional results under outdoor exposure to direct sunlight, as well as temperature and humidity extremes while creating an effective seal over an existing joint, seam, or penetration.
3M™ Extreme Sealing Tape 4412N is an ideal solution for “roof-to-trim” sealing and sealing around roof top mechanical fasteners on commercial vehicles, eliminating the need for large quantities of liquid sealants. It is very tacky and meets the needs for a wide variety of difficult sealing applications. As a single coated tape, the sealing is generally done by “oversealing” an existing joint or penetration, as opposed to “between surface sealing” applications typically done with a double coated tape, gasket, or liquid sealant/adhesive. The acrylic adhesive used in 3M™ Extreme Sealing Tape is manufactured from the same technology platform as 3M™ VHB™ Tapes. This pressure sensitive adhesive tape offers exceptional performance for difficult sealing applications. The ionomer film backing is very tough yet flexible and abrasion resistant. It is conformable for creating an effective seal over contours, edges rivets and screw heads. The thick acrylic adhesive is very soft and has excellent sealing properties along with good outdoor durability. It is designed to bond strongly to the ionomer film so that overlapping tape joints can be made while maintaining a strong, effective seal.
This sealing tape creates water tight seals and sticks on contact to numerous substrates without drying time, dripping, oozing or clean-up. It conforms over contours, edges, rivets, and screw heads. 3M Extreme Sealing Tape is paintable to colour-blend with adjoining surfaces and holds securely through sun, rain, snow, temperature extremes.
What are Ionomers? Ionomers are comprised of any class of polymer materials consisting of thermoplastic resins stabilized by ionic cross-linkages. Some commercial applications for ionomers are golf ball covers, semipermeable membranes, sealing tape and thermoplastic elastomers.
Features & Benefits
- Very good resistance to many common industrial solvents as well as elevated temperature exposure
- Tacky adhesive sticks on contact for immediate bond with no drying time, oozing, or clean up
- Neutral, 2 mm thick, conformable tape forms effective seals over contours, edges, rivets, and screw heads
- Durable ionomer backing resists UV and chemical exposure
- Backing is paintable and offers a clean appearance
- Seal joints, seams or penetrations
- Achieve professional sealing results even when used outdoors
- Use for difficult sealing applications like joints, seams or penetration
- Truck and trailer roof sealing
- Skylights sealing
- Window and door sealing
- ‘Roof-to-trim’ sealing