3M Scotch-Brite™ Handpads 7496
3M Scotch-Brite™ Handpads 7496 are flexible and reusable as our 3M 7496 Hand Pads won’t rust or splinter. They scour faster and last longer than other hand pads and therefore you take less time and need less effort to complete the job.
Use Scotch-Brite™ General Purpose Sheet to give a controlled, repeatable cut. 3M Scotch-Brite abrasives are unique surface conditioning products with abrasives incorporated into a non-woven fibre matrix. Combining abrasives and non-woven material creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results for the life of the product. The open-web material runs cool and is load resistant, which keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the fibres.
These sheets do not change the geometry of the workpiece. They provide a fine, brilliant finish.
Features and Benefits:
- Superior alternative to steel wool, wire brushes, sandpaper, and other non-woven products for cleaning or finishing tasks.
- Cleans, finishes, grains, denibs, and de-fuzzes.
- Suitable for use on wood, metal, plastics, ceramics, porcelain, glass, rubber, or composites.
- Reusable pad resists tearing, splintering, shredding, loading and will never rust, providing a long, useful life.
- Can be folded, stacked, or rolled for effective cleaning or conditioning on flat, irregular, or contoured surfaces.
3M 7496 Hand Pads Light Green won’t shred during use, rust after use, or create fine metal splinters. The non-woven, open-web material resists loading and can be used dry, with water or solvents, and rinsed clean for reuse. This 158 mm x 224 mm pad can be used by hand for precise control with a hand pad block for uniform finishing or on an in-line sander to cover large areas.
3M Scotch-Brite use aluminium oxide abrasive. Aluminium oxide is a popular choice among industrial professionals because of its cut-rate and long life. This mineral is a tough, durable abrasive that self-fractures to expose fresh cutting edges in use, whereas traditional abrasives such as garnet quickly wear down with use. Due to its high cut-rate, hardness, strength, and low heat retention, aluminium oxide mineral is widely used in grinding applications in addition to sanding and finishing use.
Box of 60
158 x 224mm