3M™ Scotch-Weld™ Anaerobic Adhesives
Scotch Weld Anaerobic Adhesives are high performance, single component engineering adhesives that cure in the absence of air and in the presence of metal parts.
Scotch Weld Anaerobic Adhesives are frequently used in assembly by original equipment manufacturers, maintenance departments, upgrade and overhaul projects and throughout the automotive and general engineering sectors. They are available in a wide range of strengths and viscosities, which allows them to be used across a broad spectrum of engineering applications. The Scotch Weld Anaerobic range is used for thread locking, thread sealing, pipe and hydraulic joint sealing, retaining of cylindrical parts and gasketing.
- Fills gaps between mating metal threads preventing vibration loosening.
- Seals against leakage and corrosion.
- Replaces traditional mechanical methods such as locks washers, split pins, Nylok nuts and wiring, reducing weight and inventory.
- Used in the assembly of cylindrical components such as bearings, gears, shafts, bushes, pulleys, cylinder liners and rotors.
- Increases the load bearing characteristics of cylindrical joints.
- Reduces machining costs.
- Eliminates pre-cut gaskets, reducing weight, inventory and cost
- Improves seal and strength.
- For use on water, oil and fuel pumps, electric motor end covers, compressors, thermostat housing and most machined metal faces.
- Used in thread and pipe sealant.
- Replaces PTFE tape and dopes.
- Provides an instant low pressure seal.
- Easy disassembly even after long periods.