3M™ VHB™ Tape 4941
3M™ VHB™ Tape 4941 is a grey, 1.1 mm thick, multi-purpose acrylic adhesive with a conformable, foam core. It can replace rivets, welds and screws. The fast and easy to use permanent bonding method provides high strength and long-term durability. It offers design flexibility with its viscoelasticity and powerful ability to bond to a board variety of high and medium surface energy substrates and offers a good plastiziser resistance.
Provide immediate handling strength by bonding in seconds with 3M™ VHB™ Tape 4941. This high strength closed-cell acrylic foam tape is durable, double-sided, conformable and pressure sensitive. It bonds high and medium surface energy substrates, and provides a range of benefits including cushioning, damping, and impact resistance. It’s ideal for use in a variety of industries, for different applications and is safer and easier to prepare work surfaces, with no need to use strong chemicals.
In addition this core adhesive composition makes the product well suited to many paints and primers. Its improved conformability also allows more complete bond contact area when bonding rigid or irregular materials. The product has somewhat lower peel, tensile and shear performance than other VHB tape products due to its inherent softness. 4941’s principal advantages are that it provides a more uniform seal on irregular surfaces, and in visible bonds under a transparent surface it offers a more aesthetically pleasing bond. 4941 is suitable for many interior and exterior industrial applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Bond high and medium surface energy substrates
- Get a high strength, durable tape
- Provide immediate handling strength by bonding in seconds
- Resist moisture and solvents
- Can replace mechanical fasteners (rivets, welding, screws) or liquid adhesives: Eliminate drilling, grinding, refinishing, screwing, welding and clean-up
- High dynamic stress absorption reduces vibration and impact stress
- Creates a permanent seal against water, moisture and more
- Allows the use of thinner, lighter weight and dissimilar materials
- Offers a good plastiziser resistance.
- Use in a variety of applications and industries
- Use for wood sign blasting
- Bond of decorative material, trim, attachments
- Bond of nameplates, logos and signs
- Bond electronic displays
- Bond lens window to housing