3M™ FAST-F 8067E Tape has a Proprietary Film backing which seals around nails and staples to prevent moisture intrusion. It can be applied to a variety of different materials without the use of primers or staples and bonds. The tough backing of the 3M Fast F means that it resists punctures and tears during application. The adhesive of the tape provides an unusual combination of both cold and hot temperature adhesion to most substrates, which can extend the construction session in many climates. The tape is installable at temperatures as low as -20°C and as warm as 50°C. It also resists UV exposure for up to 12 months.
The 3M Fast F is compatible with many building sealants; No adverse reaction with synthetic rubber, butyl, polyurethane, silicone and silane terminated hybrid sealants
3M™ FAST-F 8067E Tape Benefits
- Prevents moisture intrusion.
- Can be applied to a variety of different materials without the use of primers.
- Tough backing means that it resists punctures and tears during application.
- Can installed at temperatures as low as -20°C and as warm as 50°C.
- UV exposure for up to 12 months.
- Seaming air of interior vapour membranes.
- Reparation of interior water vapour barriers.
- Sealing around;
- Openings and joints in building applications.
- Window and door installations.
- Sealing around other wall interruptions in non-roof areas, such as thresholds, dryer vents and hose bibs. Taping seams aids in reducing air infiltration, improving the effectiveness of insulation and reducing heating and cooling costs.
- Feedthroughs for cables.